Reclaiming God’s voice in art
to transform and renew minds, Romans 12:2
by cultivating God given gifts
and sharing them with the world
as faithful stewards of God’s Grace. 1 Peter 4:10-11
Christos Collective believes that a supportive and active body of artists of Christian faith
can be an influential, educational and charitable resources serving the public wellbeing through a Christian worldview.
Providing resources and education for the Christian artist and the community at large
Cultivating and harvesting Christian faith through the arts with educational programs, outreach, exhibition and community engagement.
Christos Collective is a nonprofit organization that supports artists of Christian faith to use their artistic gifts for God’s Glory. The development and growth of the collective was in an answer to a call to reclaim God’s voice in the arts. Artist members of Christos Collective are empowered to reach excellence in their art, and to share a Christian worldview in their process and content. This can take many forms in the contemporary world of art.
To assist this development, the collective offers programing to churches and universities that include exhibition of art, artist talks and panels, and a community outreach component. It is our intention to develop patronage and donors from this home base. Christos Collective believes that this way of connecting provides the artists with opportunities to share their gifts in a safe environment as they grow towards independence in presenting their gifts to the world at large.
Our vision is to eventually own Realestate to establish a Cornerstone in the art community offering exhibitions, studio work space, workshops, lectures and community events that shares God’s love through the arts.
Christos Collective (CC) Membership Policy Published February 2019
· Are on mailing list and will be featured in newsletter, event announcements, website/Facebook updates
· Invited to submit work for all Christos Collective Traveling Exhibitions past and present
· Participate in exhibitions, select panel discussions, private showings
· participate in outreach projects
· attend meetings as voting members
· Vote on collective’s decisions concerning new members and CC growth
Benefits of Artist Members:
· You are part of an exhibiting collective that will showcase your art publically and on our website
· You will be informed of local, national and international opportunities for exhibiting your art beyond the collective’s established exhibitions
· You will experience regular artwork critiques at meetings or in smaller groups
· You will be part of any outreach or collaborative art projects that the collective chooses to partner with
· You will be part of a fellowship that encourages your God-given art talents to be in service to Him
· You will share in a pot luck fellowship meal at each meeting
· You will be part of our prayer chain, supporting you in your art and personal struggles
· You will have access to shared member’s talents, connections, skills and equipment
· You are allowed to bring guests who are interested in membership, please notify CC President
Expectations of Artist Members:
· To become an official artist member, one must first visit 2 consecutive meetings then express desire to join as committed member, then a group vote is taken for admittance
· Artist members attend meetings consecutively, but missing 3 meetings constitutes a review of membership with CC President and members concerning member’s wishes and commitment
· Responsible for creating art for exhibition, including Christos Collective Traveling Exhibitions
· Responsible for moderate to high level of participation in desired outreach activities
· Responsible for fulfilling a titled role or job description to aid CC growth